Skip to main content

Grand Theft Auto 5 - Photo Walks in a Virtual World Pt 2.

It's been a few years since my last post about my adventures with the Snapmatic camera within GTA5. 

The previous entry was all shots from the PS3 version of the game. The subsequent PC release proved to be too tempting to resist and once I had fitted a graphics card worthy of the title I was able to turn the settings at least some way up to really start to enjoy the impressive detail Rockstar put in this game.

The lighting, in particular, is outstanding and is one thing Rockstar has done well time and again. This compliments the detail they've put into the cityscape, countryside and people that make up Los Santos and Blaine County.


City






People










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is KitKat uptake really slower than Jelly Bean was?

I fancied putting a few thoughts down after reading this article  by Kevin Tofel based off a report from Chitika about  Android platform distribution . The report suggests and Kevin writes about the fact KitKat adoption and uptake appears to be slower than with Jelly Bean according to Chitika's report. My first reaction was that this can't be correct considering a number of manufacturers have pushed KitKat updates to their devices far quicker than previous OS versions, Motorola notably bringing it to their Moto X before Google had it on their own Nexus 4. I had a quick look at the Android distribution numbers from Android Police  and compared initial percentages for both OS versions. Jelly Bean was released at Google I/O on the 27 June 2012 . KitKat was released 31 October 2013  on the Nexus 5. Around 4 months later (121 days for KitKat, 127 for Jelly Bean) we have percentages from the Android developer dashboard. These run to 2.5% for KitKat and 2.7% for Jelly Bean whi

Photo Walks in a Virtual World Pt. 3 - Red Dead Redemption

My two ' Photo Walks in a Virtual World ' (PWVW) posts have so far been focused on Grand Theft Auto 5. This is primarily because few other games have inspired me to go about taking photos quite like that game and partly because few other games really do the in-game camera as well as GTA-V. Since my last PVWV post, I have picked up an XBox One and more recently a Nintendo Switch. Both of these consoles have the ability to take screenshots quickly in-game. This has opened up more opportunities for me to play with gaming photos/screenshots. Showcasing some of the images captured using the various methods of screenshot or in-game camera will be the main purpose of these PVWV posts. Of course, the limitations this places on the shots I can take means often a character will be the centrepiece of the shot or it'll be an image from a cutscene. Today's focus is Red Dead Redemption since my most recent post was all about my love for this game it seemed the most appropriate n